When is Personal Information Collected?
You may be asked by staff at one of our Travelex bureaux, prompted at various points on our Website or asked by one of our customer services advisers to provide us with your personal information. Accordingly, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide by filling in forms;
- Details of any transactions you carry out in-store at one of our bureaux and of the fulfilment of your order(s);
- Information you provide when entering Travelex prize draws or competitions;
- Information collected from optional surveys that use for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access; and
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by data protection and other relevant laws, and retain it only as long as necessary for those uses. If you provide information when ordering travel money or other goods or services from Travelex, you agree that we may use the personal information for the purposes of:
If you provide information when reserving and buying travel money or other goods or services from Travelex, we may use such personal information for the purposes of:
- Ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Complying with your order;
- Keeping you informed by email of similar products or services to those which you have bought, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so;
- Providing you with email alerts which you have registered for;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Notifying you about changes to our service.
We will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our Website users. You agree that we may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from customers to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
When transmitting personal information over the internet, please bear in mind that this is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website. However, when you place an order for reserving currency online with us, your order is placed over a secure connection and your personal information is encrypted to ensure it remains safe at all times.
Once we receive your personal information, we use strict security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorised access. Where Travelex is required to make paper copies of your personal information, such information is either:
- Stored in a secure locked storage facility and when required, archived in the same manner; or
- Scanned onto our secure electronic systems (with the original paper copies shredded and destroyed) and, when required, archived in a safe and secure manner.
All personal information which is provided online is stored on our secure electronic systems and archived in a secure manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Travelex group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. Travelex will not share personal information with third parties outside of the Travelex group for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- If Travelex or substantially all of its assets or Travelex’s holding company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- In accordance with the obligations bestowed on us by our third party product issuers so that they may process your order and, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so, keep you informed of similar products or services to those which you have bought (please note that these third party product issuers have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the handling of personal information by such third parties in accordance with such policies); and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your visits to the Website and your computer (including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report such information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We collect such information by using a "cookie" file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.